Repaper Only mode enables you to use the iskn tablet in screenless mode, without needing your computer or mobile device.
You can draw and take notes wherever you are, and import your creations onto your computer later via the Repaper Studio app by clicking on "IMPORT".
You can find more information about the Repaper Studio app by following this link.
Some technical details:
To get started with this mode, it is important to bear the following points in mind:
- The Slate's battery life is approximately 7 hours when fully charged. .
- The Slate's internal memory has a capacity of 4GB: it can scan and store up to 400,000 pages of drawings.
- It is not possible to add memory with an external SD card.
How to use Repaper Only?
✅ Activate the screenless mode
When The Slate is on, switch between the different modes by pressing the Power button briefly up until the side LED lights up green. The Slate is then ready to be used in screenless mode.
✅ Create a new page
- As soon as you switch The Slate to no-screen mode, a new drawing page is automatically created. You can therefore start drawing.
- If you want to create a new drawing in addition to the existing one, press Button 1 (see technical drawing below).
✅ Manage layers
- Press the New Layer button (Button 2, see technical diagram below) to create a new layer.
- You can create up to 5 layers.
👉 Good to know: As in all usage modes, you can calibrate The Ring for optimal results in your drawings, with a long press on the button of your choice (Button 1 or 2). You can find more information about calibration by following this link.
✅ Import your creations into Repaper Studio
- To import what you have created in screenless mode into the Repaper Studio app, connect The Slate to your computer or mobile device.
- Once The Slate is connected, click on "IMPORT". You can then access all the drawings saved in The Slate's memory.
- Click to select a drawing and download it to your computer or mobile device.
- You can then open your drawing in Repaper & Screen to enhance and share it.
The drawing you created in screenless mode has a black ballpoint pen rendering. This parameter cannot be changed.
👉 Good to know:
- When you import and save what you have created in screenless mode on Repaper Studio, it is displayed in the Repaper Studio Gallery in landscape orientation, even if you created it in portrait orientation.
- If you want to save your drawing in portrait format, open it in Repaper & Screen, change the orientation and save it: it then appears in portrait format in the Repaper Studio Gallery.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the widget, at the bottom right of the page 😊