Right-of-Entry Call Center & Process
Updated over a week ago

Debris Removal Call Center

  • Hours of Operation: Open daily 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

  • Call (877) 214-9117

About the Right of Entry

In order to be eligible for the government-sponsored clean-up of private properties, the property must contain a destroyed structure of at least 120 square feet or greater, and owners must complete a right-of-entry (ROE) to allow the Army Corps of Engineers and their contractors for access.

In exchange for the debris removal performed through the government-sponsored program, the property owner agrees that any insurance proceeds in their homeowner's insurance policy designated for debris removal will be collected. Property owners are not required to pay any additional money to the government agency other than designated debris proceeds in their policies. In no event shall the amount of insurance proceeds paid to the government agency exceed the costs charged by its contractor. In the event a property needs additional debris removal after the government agency's contractor has completed the removal under the ROE, all expenses incurred by a property owner for such additional removal will be paid first, and the remainder (if any) will be turned over to the managing government agency.

Items needed to complete Right of Entry application

  • Property Information (Property’s Tax Map Key, Address, and Site Sketch)

  • Contact Information (Phone Number and Email Address)

  • Insurance Information (declaration page, debris removal coverage section, auto insurance)

  • Signatures and Verification of all Owners, Trustees, or Authorized Agents (Click here to view the Supporting Verification Documents)

After ROE is Turned in:

Once your application is entered into the system, an email inviting you to create an account along with a link that takes you to the application website will be sent. The email for account creation/confirmation and status change will come from noreply@mauistrongrecovery.org.

Property owners should follow the instructions in that email and register so they can receive a notification once their application status changes. Clicking the link in the email will take them to https://onecase.mauistrongrecovery.org/login/partner which will allow them to upload or update their application by logging in.

If applications are incomplete and the property owner does not go in on their own to update it, they will receive a call from the call center. Calls from the call center’s caller ID will show as ‘State of Hawaii Call Center.’ The phone number is 808-727-1550.

USACE mapping tool

Are you a property owner? View the status of your property during the USACE debris removal process.

Get Right of Entry Assistance

Right of Entry Collection Centers are available for in-person submission of ROEs. At these centers, staff is available to assist owners by answering questions, suggesting resources and starting the application process. Army Corps staff with special knowledge of the debris removal process will also be available to answer questions. Centers are located at:

  • Lahaina Civic Center, Disaster Recovery Center
    1840 HI-30 (Honoapi’ilani Hwy), Lahaina, HI 96761
    Operating Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 2:00 pm, Sunday closed

  • Kalana O Maui Building Lobby, County of Maui
    200 S. High Street, Wailuku, HI 96793
    Operating Hours: Monday - Friday at 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday & Sunday closed

  • Kako‘o Maui - Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement (CNHA)
    70 Kaahumanu Ave, Kahului (Maui Mall Village, next to Subway)
    Operating Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Applicants may also call the State of Hawaii Call Center (supporting Maui County) for assistance in filling out an ROE application at (808)-727-1550, 6am to 10pm (HST), 7 days a week.

Did this answer your question?