This article assumes that you have a Plugzio Management account with a Plugzio device registered. If you have not created a management account, please follow the Manager - Registration & Get Started guide.
This article assumes that the Plugzio Device that you want to configure is powered on connected to the internet with an active cloud subscription.
- If you have issues with your device, please contact customer support at email@example.com.
Open your browser and navigate to https://manage.plugz.io/
Log into your Plugzio Management account.
Click on the "Outlet Management" tab on the navigation bar to go to the "Outlet Management" page.
- The navigation bar can be seen on the left of the page.
- If the navigation bar is not seen click the hamburger icon next to the "Plugzio" logo on the top left of the page.
On the "Outlet Management" page, look for the device tile that you would like to configure and click the power settings button. The power settings button will be different depending on what mode the device is in. Examples of power setting buttons are as follows:
- Smart Icon - Indicates that the device is in "Smart" mode.
- Always On Icon - Indicates that the device is in "Always On" mode.
- Always Off Icon - Indicates that the device is in "Always Off" mode.
On the "Change Power Setting" dialog, select the mode you would like to set the device to. Available modes are:
- "Smart" Mode - Allows you to control access, set billing rates, monitor your device's status and power consumption.
- "Always On" Mode - Just like a regular outlet with no additional features. Anyone can plug right in.
- "Always Off" Mode - Disable's the Plugzio device. Plugging in does not do anything.
Once you select the desired mode, press the "Submit" button.
- The power setting of the device on the dashboard will only update upon receiving a confirmation from the device. If the device is not connected to the internet, we will still attempt to send the request to change the power settings but the dashboard will not update as the device will not respond.
- If a device does not have an active cloud subscription, the power settings of the device cannot be changed and you will receive an error message.
- Note that if the device is in use by a Plugzio user, the user's session will be terminated when the device's power setting is changed. You will be asked to confirm this action.
Plugzio Device In "Always On" Or "Smart" Mode
Plugzio Device In "Always Off" Mode