We are excited to announce our two-way integration with Audiense, which now allows a Pulsar user to identify any Twitter audience within any type of TRAC search and seamlessly analyse this in Audiense. Vice versa, Pulsar users can also find a segment of interest in their Audiense reporting dashboard, and send those user ids to Pulsar, where we'll collect any conversations by the people in that segment as a TRAC Audience search. And all of this is done at the click of a button!
So how does this work?
The process is easy peasy. Below we explain how the first part of the integration works: from TRAC to Audiense.
- First, make sure you speak to your Account Manager to find out how you can get set up with an Audiense account.
- And once you have access to Audiense, every time you log into your Pulsar TRAC dashboard, you will find in the Audience tab for any search, a button labelled Analyse in Audiense.
- You can choose to analyse just a specific subset of the audience in your search based on a filter, (as shown below), or you can choose to analyse the entire Twitter audience in your search. Note though that a minimum of 1,000 Twitter user ids is required.
4. Once you've selected Analyse in Audiense, Pulsar will automatically gather the unique Twitter author ids found in your search, or the filter you've applied, and then sends them to Audiense.
5. At this point 2 things will happen in tandem:
- The Analyse in Audiense button changes to Analysis in Progress.
- You will also receive an email notification to let you know that your request is now being processed and your report will be ready to view shortly.
6. When your report is ready to view on your Audiense account, you'll receive a notification with a direct link to view your report in Audiense. Simultaneously, the Pulsar button on TRAC will change to green, with a prompt to View in Audiense, as shown below. Clicking on this green button then takes you directly to your Audiense report.
And that's it you're done....or are you?
This brings us to the second part of the integration: from Audiense to Pulsar. The process is again very simple and straight forward.
In any report you get from Audiense you'll find clusters of user segments that Audiense would have identified during their analysis of your audience. Each user segment has it's defining traits, such as Location; Bio; Age; Gender; Personality traits; Online Habits; Affinities and Interests.
Suppose you've found a segment of interest that you would like to further explore and understand for example, what else they talk about, perhaps around a specific topic area. With our integration with Audiense you no longer need to export and upload a csv file of user ids into Pulsar. That's so last year!
- All you'd need to do in the Actions menu is hit Track Segment on Pulsar, as shown below:
2. Selecting this option automatically creates a new Audience search on Pulsar TRAC.
3. You'll get a pop up confirmation that your audience search has been successfully created, and this will also contain the direct link to your newly created search on Pulsar.
4. We don't automatically start collecting the data at this point - we leave that to you, in case you want historical data or realtime, or both.
And that's pretty much it. Below, we've also provided you with a quick video explainer of how the two-way integration works. Happy analyzing your Audience in Audiense!