There is a high likelihood that you will need to put two or more tables together when you have a booking for a large group or to accommodate guests when only your smaller tables are available. You will be able do this on the go from our FOH soon in any temporary combination you want. The steps below, however, are for default combinations the system can use for online bookings.
1. Log into the RSVP admin and click on the Table Layout tab.
2. Select the table layout you want to edit and click on the pencil icon to the right of the title to enter the edit mode. (If you need to create a new one, click the Add Layout button in the upper righthand corner.)
3. First create the "Child Table/s," which are your normal, individual tables. See how to do so HERE.
Note: If you do not create the child tables first, they will not be available to combine.
4. Then, create a new table by clicking on one of the icons with a "+."
5. Once you have done so, you will see a new table appear on the grid. Drag it to a free area and double click on it. A new dialogue box will appear.
6. Give the table minimum / maximum seats as well as a name that you can easily identify.
7. Click Save.
8. Once you are out of the dialogue box, click Save on the table layout editor as well. You will need to expand the table layout you are working on again, click the pencil icon to edit, and then double click the table you want to make a Combined Table. (We know it's cumbersome, and we're working on it. A fix will be out soon! 🙂)
9. Now, click "Is Combined Table." A list of the available "Child Tables" will appear. Click the Add button next to the tables you want combined. They will move down to the Child Tables section.
10. Click Save to exit the dialogue box and click Save again on the table layout editor.
Note: We always recommend double checking your work to ensure the child tables were created correctly.