The number of volunteer organizations and programs has increased significantly the past decade. There are thousands of different opportunities and we know that it's difficult for volunteers to select a trustworthy and reliable volunteer organization.
In order to resolve this uncertainty among volunteers, the organizations on Volunteer World are all thoroughly examined before they are published on our platform. This ensures that the quality of volunteer organizations and programs we cooperate with is very high to begin with.
Volunteer World's gray badge of quality
On top of that, Volunteer World takes action to additionally award organizations that have proven to be reliable on our platform. In order to indicate this, Volunteer World has developed two badges of quality.
This badge symbolizes
- Ethical Actions
- High-Quality Program
How do I receive Volunteer World's gray badge of quality?
In order to receive Volunteer World's gray badge of quality, a volunteer organization needs to fulfill a number of our criteria. Volunteer World developed these selection criteria based on research and our experiences with volunteer organizations and volunteers around the world.
To be more specific, Volunteer World's gray badge of quality examines if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- In line with our ethical standards - So Volunteer World can guarantee that the social project has acknowledged our ethical standards for humanitarian programs and animal welfare.
- Project Manager Interview - All project managers had a personal conversation with one of our team members, ensuring the organization really supports their values.
- 5 Volunteer Reviews - The social project worked with volunteers in the past, which provided us with first-hand information about the project.
- A Track Record of at least one year - Having experience in what they do, social projects have worked with international volunteers for at least 1 year.
- Professional Web Presence - The social project has a valid website and/or social media presence, showing their contribution and what they do to all interested people around the world.
Do you think your volunteer organization earns the gray badge of quality?
Please contact email@example.com or our live chat to gain further information.