The amount of volunteer organizations and volunteer programs has highly increased during the last decade. There are thousands of different opportunities and we know that especially for interested volunteers it's difficult to select a trustworthy and reliable volunteer organization.
In order to solve this uncertainty among volunteers, the organizations on Volunteer World are all thoroughly examined before being published. Thus the quality of volunteer organizations and programs we are cooperating with is very high already.
Volunteer World's gray badge of quality
On top of that, Volunteer World takes action to additionally award organizations that have proven to be highly reliable on our platform. In order to transparently indicate this high quality, Volunteer World has developed two badges of quality.
This badge symbolizes
- Ethical Actions
- and a High-Quality Program
How to receive Volunteer World's gray badge of quality?
In order to receive Volunteer World's green badge of quality, a volunteer organization needs to fulfill a choice of our selection criteria. Volunteer World developed these selection criteria based on research and profound experiences with many volunteer organizations and volunteers worldwide.
To be more specific, Volunteer World's gray badge of quality examines if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- In line with our ethical standards - Thus Volunteer World can guarantee that the social project has acknowledged our ethical standards for humanitarian programs and animal welfare.
- Project Manager Interview - All project managers had a personal conversation with one of our team members, ensuring the organization really supports their values.
- 5 Volunteer Reviews - The social project worked with volunteers in the past, which provided us with first-hand information about the project.
- A Track Record of at least one year - Having experience in what they do, social projects have worked for at least one year with international volunteers.
- Professional Web Presence - The social project has a valid website and/or social media presence, showing their contribution showing what they do to all interested people around the world.
Do you think your volunteer organization also earns the green badge of quality?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or our live chat to gain further information.