You can have students complete self-reviews along with, or instead of, peer reviews. Self-reviews allow students to review their own writing using the same checklist that peer reviewers and teachers use.
Teachers can share this video with students to walk them through the steps of completing a self-review:
1. Log in to Writable and click on the assignment.
2. Click anywhere in the 'Review' tile to begin.
3. Read your writing submission. Start by selecting the star rating for a rubric item.
4. Click 'Add Comment' to leave yourself notes and reminders on ways to improve your writing when your revise.
5. After completing the entire rubric and leaving helpful comments, click 'Submit'.
Students can confirm they have completed their assigned reviews on the assignment dashboard here: