You can 'Collect Papers' from students at any time to:
Ensure all students submit their work to you at the same time and everyone gets the same amount of time on an assignment.
Limit students’ access to assessments and assignments from home.
To get started:
1. Go to 'My Assignments' and select the assignment your students are working on.
2. Click the 'Class' where you want to collect the papers.
3. From your class dashboard, click 'Collect Papers'.
❗ NOTE: If you have more than one class working on an assignment, you’ll need to collect from each class individually.
4. If you have students who have not formally submitted their assignments, you will be asked if you’d like to 'Submit Drafts'. Submitting their drafts allows you to look at their writing and provide feedback. If you’re only concerned about keeping students from working on an assignment outside of class time, then you can click 'Skip.'
5. Click 'Collect Papers.'
6. When you return to your class dashboard, you’ll see the 'Papers Collected' notice at the top as well as the 'Return Papers' button, which you can click when you’re ready to return assignments to students.
7. Click 'Return Papers' and students will be able to continue writing or revising their assignments.
If you’ve collected papers, your students’ dashboards for that particular assignment will be grayed out and they’ll see a notice that they cannot currently access the assignment.
Once you return assignments to them, students will see their normal dashboards and be able to click the 'Read & Write' and 'Review' sections as usual.