To install Writable for Canvas in your school or district, please have your Canvas administrator follow these instructions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions along the way.
- Start in the ‘Admin’ section of Canvas.
- Go to 'Developer Keys' and add a new Key.
3. Choose '+ LTI Key':
4. Fill in these fields and click 'Save':
Method: Enter URL
JSON URL: https://app.writable.com/canvas-ltia
Key Name: Writable
Owner Email: <your email>
5. Change State to ON, then record the Client ID associated with your new Developer Key and copy it somewhere handy. Note: copy the SHORT version of the key (per the arrow), do not open "Show Key" when you copy.
6. Visit Admin -> Settings -> Apps, then choose ‘View App Configurations’:
7. Click ‘+ App’ to configure a new External App:
8. Choose 'By Client ID' and specify the Client ID that you recorded above:
9. Click 'Submit' then 'Install':
Congrats! You and your teachers will now* see Writable show up as an added External App in Canvas whenever assignments are created.
* Note: There may be a delay while Canvas propagates the changes. We recommend logging out and back in after completing setup before attempting to configure Writable in an assignment.