Writable's Instant Conferencing allows teachers to send chat messages directly to students, engaging them in the feedback process and providing a way to guide students in the moment.
The new Inbox on the Assignment Dashboard serves as a hub for student chats so teachers can see unread messages and respond quickly. In this article, we will take a quick look at how to get to the Inbox and use it to engage with your students.
1. Click on your assignment from 'My Assignments'.
2. Choose the class.
3. Click 'Inbox' on the left menu. This box will show a red notification badge if you have unread messages waiting.
4. Click on a student's chat to open the conversation. As a reminder, students can initiate conversations or reply to the comments you've sent to them.
5. Use the reply box to send a message.
6. Students will immediately be sent the message and be able to apply your feedback to their writing!