When you create a course in Build, only you have access to it until it is published. If you want others to access your course as it is being created, you can do this under the Collaborator section. Simply enter the email address of the person you wish to add.
- If the person you wish to add already has Build access, you will get the option to add them as an Author or as a Reviewer.
- If they don't have Build access you will only be able to add them as a Reviewer.
- Build access for a new user needs to be requested by the Account Owner. Additional Build license fees apply
- An Author will have full access to change, edit and publish your course.
- A Reviewer will have 'read only' access, and while they can make notes on your content, they are unable to edit the content or publish the course.
If an author navigates to a unit in a course that someone else is currently editing, a message will display at the top of the unit, telling them who is working on it and when they started that work. The author won’t be able to make any changes to that unit until the other author has saved their work or closed their browser.
Once an author leaves the unit, any other author viewing the unit is instantly alerted that the new content is available, and is invited to load it. They are now able to make their own changes to the unit.
Authors are notified of new feedback on their course content