Koru Kids contracts include a minimum of 9 hours a week work during school term-time. This is so our nannies have income security and helps build a long-lasting relationship between our nannies and families.
Of course, we know that schools are not open in these unusual times. We understand that due to the COVID-19 crisis you may not be able to offer your nanny a minimum of 9 hours a week right now, or that you and your nanny may have come to an alternative arrangement. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if this is going to cause any issues or if you have any questions about how this might work for you and your family. We appreciate this is a very uncertain time right now, and we're happy to talk this through with you and support you in any way we can.
You can also find out our full advice about your options here.
How does the minimum hours policy work?
- On the 26th of the month we’ll remind you to approve any outstanding hours
- If you approve less than the minimum of 9 hours a week during school term time in a single payroll month (26th of the month to 25th of the following month), we will “top up” your invoice so you meet the minimum. This will be a separate line on your invoice and appear as an "adjustment"
- Our calculations only account for weekdays that fall within a payroll month, so you are not impacted by how a calendar month falls
The standard term dates for the 2019/2020 academic year are:
What if I no longer need a minimum of 9 hours a week during the school term?
Families who need fewer than 9 hours a week on a regular basis during term time are required to pay their nanny a higher hourly rate.
What if my nanny is unable to work?
Sometimes nannies are sick or on holiday and cannot work the minimum hours in a month. In these cases, let us know the full details and we will adjust the “top-up” to reflect this.
- If it is a one-off occurrence, such as university exams or a holiday, we will adjust the invoice for the specific month only
- If it is a consistent change, such as a university timetable change, we will adjust the monthly minimum for every month going forwards
You can contact us by email on email@example.com.