Please note that a broadband connection with a minimum speed of 3Mbit or 375kbps is required to watch a Typsy course on your device. The rest of Typsy's system requirements are listed here.
If you're encountering issues while watching videos on Typsy's mobile app, please click here to read our Typsy app troubleshooting.
Determine if your environment’s causing the issue
To determine whether your device, settings or internet connection may be causing the problem, please do the following:
Check your network connection
Try watching another video
If you’re able to watch other videos without any problems, this indicates there is a technical issue with the original video. Please contact us so our team can investigate further and report the issue.
If you’re encountering playback issues with other videos, please follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Troubleshooting issues with your course playing environment
If you’ve determined the problem is due to an issue with your course playing environment, please do the following:
1. Try watching the original video in an incognito window.
2. If the video plays without issue, try checking your extension, plugin, adblock or firewall program on your device to see if it needs to be reconfigured or disabled.
3. Try a different browser. See our recommended browsers here.
4. Clear your browser's cookies and cache and restart it before trying again.
5. If you have a lot of browser tabs open, close most of them except the one you’re using to watch the course/lesson.
6. Ensure you have the browser window playing Typsy selected on your device.
7. Check your browser version and update it if needed.
8. Ensure you are not skipping through videos while watching. Typsy will only mark a video as complete when it has been watched to completion.
9. A minimum internet speed of 3Mbit or 375kbps is required to watch a Typsy video on your device. Test your internet connection speed to make sure your environment meets this and that your system meets Typsy’s requirements. If your internet speed is low, try lowering the video quality of the video, or watching the video when your internet connection is stronger.
11. If you can’t hear any audio, double-check to see that the video player volume is turned up and that the video is not muted. Check the sound settings on your device.
12. Restart your computer and network devices (modems/switches/routers).
13. In the interim, try watching on the mobile app.
Videos will not be marked as saved if you skip through the video, close the video, or open another tab while the video is playing.