Want to start with creating your own assignment? Click here for more information.
Follow the steps below to add your own prompt to an existing assignment:
1. On the 'My Assignments' page, click the assignment and then click 'Edit'.
2. In the Prompt section, click the + icon in the top corner to create a new prompt.
3. Select 'New Prompt' to create a prompt from scratch.
4. Choose if you'd like to include a reading passage for this prompt. Then click 'Let's Go' in the bottom-right corner.
5. Click 'Write Prompt' to create your prompt.
Note: Your prompt will require different components depending on what type of assignment you’re creating. For example, a Write & Review doesn’t require a reading passage but a Response to Reading will guide you through adding one.
6. Write your prompt in the text box. You also have the option to add a video link and upload an image.
Click the 'Preview' button at the bottom right of the screen to see a preview of your prompt and make adjustments, if necessary. Then click 'Next'.
7. (Optional) Choose if you would like to include RevisionAid support in the prompt. RevisionAid is AI-powered feedback to help your students and save you time on grading. Click here to learn more. You can click 'Skip This Step' to skip RevisionAid setup.
8. Once you've finished creating your prompt, click 'Finish'. You can also use the buttons to preview your prompt as students will see it, or go back to make edits.