Students can work on multiple assignments at a time. To begin writing, students first need to log in to their account.
- If students are using an LMS, such as Google Classroom, HMH Ed, Schoology, or Canvas, they will enter Writable through that portal
- Students may also access their assignments by logging in directly at app.writable.com
Follow these steps to write and submit an assignment
1. If accessing Writable through Canvas, Schoology, or Classroom, you may be taken directly to the assignment. Otherwise, click on the assignment to open it.
Note: If you're enrolled in multiple classes you will see all assignments, categorized by the class name and teacher.
2. On the assignment dashboard, be sure to read the directions from your teacher. Then, click anywhere in the 'Read & Write' section.
3. Now you will be able to view your prompt, rubric, and reading (if applicable). If your assignment includes a reading, click 'Check & Submit' on the right of the screen to expand the rubric. Click 'Back to Reading' on the left to expand the reading again.
- You should always read the prompt fully and review the rubric before you begin writing. This will help make sure you meet the expectations set by your teacher!
- Want to highlight and add notes to your reading? Check out this article.
4. When you are ready, click in the text box and begin writing. You can use the tool bar in the text box to format your response and add images or videos. Your writing will save automatically.
Using an embedded Google Doc? If your teacher choose a Google Doc for the assignment, you will see the Google Doc in place of the text box. You can use the tools within Google Docs to format your response. Click here for more information.
5. Once you've finished your writing, review the rubric items to make sure you've met the requirements of the assignment. Then click 'Submit' to submit your writing for feedback.
Note: If your assignment included a reading, you'll need to click 'Check & Submit' to expand the rubric and submit.