Note This article also appears in the Getting Started Guide. If you read that, you can skip this.
Configuring your company information is the first step to using Fieldwork. Here you will enter your company name, address, phone number, email, and many other items that are part of your interaction with your customers.
Information entered here will be used for the following:
Return address in Work Orders, Invoices (and payment stub)
Office location in the Calendar map
Company logo in Work Orders, Invoices, Estimates, Customer Portal
Email address for customers to respond to
A2P 10DCL SMS Authorization
Not all of the entries are necessary, but you should enter at least the following:
Click the Settings gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Dashboard
Click Company Information
Enter your company name
Enter your business address, city, state, and zip code; this will be used on all your outgoing documents; entering the correct address is also connected to your location in the Calendar map
5. Proceed through phone, fax, web address, applicators license# and business
6. To put your logo in Fieldwork, click the Select button.
7. Find your logo on your computer and click Open; your logo will appear at the
center-top of your Work Orders and Invoices. Acceptable file formats are JPG, PNG,
8. Click the box to the right of header color and click your mouse in the right side of
the color spectrum where the color matches your company color; then click the left side to zero in on a specific color; this will be the color of your Dashboard
9. Continue entering your time zone, currency symbol and show distance in
10. Type your outgoing email address; this will be the from and reply to email for all
outgoing emails from Fieldwork
11. Select CC: (Carbon Copy) so the above email address will be included in your
Estimate, Work Order and Invoice and emails so you also get a copy of it
12. Click the box to enable Smart Folders; Smart folders let you save your searches
to access later
Your account comes with a free customer portal. Your customers can log in and view their service history, pay invoices online, and view device trend reports.
13. Enter a prefix for the portal domain; something that matches your company name
or website is a good branding choice
14. For the Credit card portal message, enter the text for the message on the portal
that explains that customers authorize your company to charge the credit card for
unpaid or overdue invoices
This credit card portal message reads as follows (you are welcome to use it):
I understand that by entering my credit card on-file, I authorize <Your Company> to charge the credit card for unpaid or overdue invoices and future regularly scheduled services. Charges will not exceed the amount indicated on each service invoice and a receipt for each payment will be emailed to me as confirmation. Furthermore, I understand that the charges will appear on my statement as a "Pest Control" charge in the description.
I understand that I can remove my credit card from my account at anytime and I have been informed that the credit card information is stored safely and securely in a PCI compliant data server.
For customers to see this credit card portal message, on the portal they'll click the Your Account link and then click Payment Methods.
If you have a PayPal account, before setting up your account to receive PayPal payments, set your portal domain at Settings/Customer Portal
15. Back in Settings/Company Information, enter your PayPal email or merchant ID
16. Click the word here in the instructions and log in to your PayPal account and set
http://<your company name>.serviceworkportal.com/invoices/paypal
as your IPN (Instant Payment Notification) url in your PayPal account to link PayPal
and Fieldwork; otherwise, your invoices will not show as being paid
17. Click Save at the bottom of the screen
Also watch this video: