Estimates are typically the first step in generating new business. Customers want to know how much it's going to cost to get rid of that Godzilla-of-a-cockroach before signing you up; although, starting at an estimate is not a requirement.
Create an Estimate depending on if the customer is new or existing:
- Create the new customer
- After filling in the information on the Location page (second page) click Save & Create Estimate
- From the Dashboard, type the customer's name in the search box to the right of Reports
- Click the customer who wants the estimate
- From the Service Locations tab, click View
- Click Create a New...
- Click Estimate
6. Enter the information for the estimate
7. Click Save
Once the customer accepts your estimate, change the estimate status to Accepted. A Work Order is created and it is stored in the Work Pool for you to schedule.
Also watch this video:
Continue on to Work Orders - Getting Started
Updated, November 2017
Article ID: 0016