As an author in Build, you can create an assessed quiz inside of a module or topic. Quizzes can be a practice (not assessed) or assessed. This article is for creating an assessed quiz. If you are creating a practice quiz please see the Create a practice quiz article.
To create a quiz:
- Navigate to Content on the Build menu, and click the cog button on the module/topic where you want to insert your quiz.
- Select Add quiz from the drop-down list.
3. Type the title of your quiz in the new field and then click the green check mark to save.
4. Click the cog button next to the quiz and select Preview/edit from the drop-down list.
5. Click the Insert quiz button to start creating your quiz.
6. Fill in the Title and add any Instructions for learners and ensure the quiz is set to Assessed.
Creating your CSV file:
- Quiz questions must be uploaded in a "CSV (Comma Separated Values)" file.
- Before you create your quiz we recommend you read our guide to creating your CSV file
- We have also provided a template CSV which you can fill in and then upload into iQualify. There is also an example CSV available, you can find both of these in the Quiz questions area when creating your quiz.
- Once you are happy with your CSV file upload it into iQualify by clicking on Choose file (shown below)
Number of questions per theme
When creating the CSV file it is important to note that the themes determine the number of questions that will be asked, for example if 8 questions are entered with 4 themes the total questions will be 4. One from each theme. For example if you wish every question to be individually asked make sure you have a theme for each question. This can be a number for each e.g 1, 2, 3 ...
You should then see a box as shown below that confirms the number of questions and themes. More information about themes can be found in the guide to creating your CSV file
Preview quiz. Please note that this is not what the learner will see. As an author you will see all the questions you have created in your CSV, along with a tag that displays any themes you have added. The correct answer(s) for each question (as set up in your CSV) will show highlighted in blue.
If you need to make any adjustments you can update your CSV file by clicking Edit quiz and uploading your new file.