Loomly supports Facebook and Instagram Reels direct publishing!
How to Schedule Reels from Loomly
Upload a video in Post Builder (1080 x 1920 is the recommended video dimension for Reels).
In Step 4 of Post Builder:
For Facebook, you can select the Reels toggle to schedule a Reel
For Instagram, we will detect a single-video post as a Reel
Add first comments, location tag, and select whether you'd like to share the Reel to your feed.
Instagram and Facebook Reels that can be automatically published will be published by Loomly at the scheduled time! You can also specify a cover image from a thumbnail in the video.
For Facebook Reels and Instagram Reels that cannot be automatically published (see requirements below):
Schedule the post as you normally would. When it's time to publish, Loomly will send a notification, have the media file downloaded to your device, and copy the caption to your clipboard for Reels that must be manually published.
Video Requirements for Reels Direct Publishing
1. Instagram Reels
Due to limitations with Instagram's API, there are requirements for Reels that can be automatically published:
Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file
Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo)
Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
Frame rate: 23-60 FPS
Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
Required aspect ratio is between 0.01:1 and 10:1 but we recommend 9:16 to avoid cropping or blank spaces.
Video bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
Audio bitrate: 128kbps
Duration: 15 mins maximum, 3 seconds minimum
File size: 100MB maximum
Videos that do not fit these requirements will need to be manually published.
Reels must be between 5 and 90 seconds and have an aspect ratio of 9:16 in order to appear in the featured Reels tab.
2. Facebook Reels
Due to limitations with Facebook's API, there are requirements for Reels that can be automatically published:
Aspect ratio must be exactly 9:16
Minimum width of 540
Minimum height of 960
Minimum FPS of 24, maximum 60 FPS
Minimum duration of 3 and maximum duration of 90
How to Publish Reels with the help of push notifications
Publishing a Reel to an Instagram account
1. Once you receive your push notification to publish the Reel, scroll down and tap Publish to Instagram.
2. You will see the following notification. Tap either of the two options displayed:
3. The Reels section will open, click the Create icon on the top right.
4. Select the downloaded media file, then tap Add. You can make any edits to the Reel, then go to the next screen to add a caption before sharing your Reel.
Publishing a Reel to a Facebook Page
1. Once you receive your push notification to publish the Reel, scroll down and tap Publish Details.
2. Tap Publish Reel to Facebook.
3. Scroll down, then tap Publish to Facebook.
4. Tap either of the two options displayed:
5. The Facebook app will open with the connected Facebook page. Select the Create Reel button.
6. Select the media file we downloaded to your device. You can make any necessary edits to your Reel, then tap Next on the bottom right.
7. Paste your caption, then tap Share reel to post.
📝 Please note the following:
Post metrics in the Analytics feature for Instagram Reels will display the number of likes and comments.
Reels analytics for Facebook are not supported at this time.
The Instagram Grid Preview will display any Reels published to the feed. Instagram Reels that are scheduled but not yet published will not appear on the Grid Preview at this time.
Adding music to Reels from Loomly isn't available due to API limitation. To add music to your Reel, you'll need to manually publish it with the help of reminders.
Do not hesitate to check out our webinar about Instagram Publishing!