Due to the changes announced by Facebook (owners of Instagram) of how data can be collected from their API, which take effect from December 11, we had to make some adjustments in Mentionlytics’ functionality. Technically, the Instagram API will be closed and replaced by Facebook API’s extended functionality.
The main thing you will need to do in order to make sure you will have the maximum available Instagram mentions for your account is to simply authorize at least one Instagram Business Account through Facebook, as required by Facebook/Instagram with their new policy.
Steps to authorize Instagram
This is very simple to do in Mentionlytics, you just need to:
- Go to Settings / Account Configuration and then click Add Owned Media.
- Choose Instagram from the drop-down and click Authorize with Facebook.
- You will then be redirected to your Facebook account to accept the permissions for the Mentionlytics app.
- Finally you will return to Mentionlytics and will need to choose which page(s) you want to include (at least one) and click Add Media.
- That's it, your Instagram is authorized!
Important: If you have authorized your Instagram in the past
If you have already authorized your Instagram pages in Mentionlytics before, you will still need to re-authorize Instagram through Facebook as described above.
Also, it is not yet recommended to remove the old authorized pages, since this will delete an mentions retrieved so far from them (you can keep both old and new). If this is the case, and you want to keep your old mentions, please reply to this e-mail after you authorized the new Instagram and we will transfer them for you!
If your Instagram page is not a Business Page
Please note that according to Instagram policy, in order to perform the authorization: