Integrating a mailing list has several advantages over a sign-up form embed or a standard checkbox on sign up:
- The option is presented on registration, in cart, and at checkout
- Sync. is handled automatically without the need for customer data to be downloaded
- Registration is only presented if customer is not already signed up
- Multiple mailing lists can be added per store
- Mailing lists can be linked to artists and labels and only displayed if relevant products are in the customer's cart
How to set up
Site Settings > Mailing Lists
Add Mailing List
Enter API credentials from your mailing list service and enter the service mailing list ID.
Give your mailing list a Name. This will be displayed on the site alongside the checkbox.
To display more information about the mailing list, enter a Description. This is optional, but recommended as it gives the user a better understanding about what to expect from signing up and encourages engagement.
Artist and Label lists
You can link a list specifically to an artist or label, so that the option to subscribe to the mailing list appears at the point of checkout if the customer is purchasing a product by that artist or on that label.
By default, the mailing list section of the registration or cart page will have a heading 'Subscribe'. To change this, enter a different value on any mailing list.
After setting up a mailing list, it will attempt to synchronise the mailing list subscribers with the external service. You can manually start this process by clicking More > Sync. List.
Adding an ActiveCampaign mailing list
Adding a Mailchimp mailing list