All Collections
Office Staff
Change a Minnesota MARSS status line
Change a Minnesota MARSS status line

Student enrollment status information used for MARSS reporting can be edited on the MARSS tab of the View Student Data page.

Emily Hoyne avatar
Written by Emily Hoyne
Updated over a week ago

The Minnesota Department of Education requires the reporting of items such as resident district, homeless status, and special education status to provide districts with proper financial support. When a student experiences a change regarding one of these MARSS reportable items, update the change on the MARSS tab of the View Student Data page to maintain current records for state reporting.

To change a MARSS status line for a student, log in to jmc Office and navigate to the View Student Data page and click the "MARSS" tab.

Step One: Enter a student's name in the "Find" field to begin editing MARSS status lines for the selected student.

Helpful Tip: Some examples of circumstances that would cause a student's MARSS status to change could include:

  • A mid-year change to special education services received by a student.

  • A special education status change that requires an Extended School Year (ESY) or Summer School.

Step Two: Click the “Add Row” button to create a new MARSS status record for the selected student or click the “Edit” button to edit the existing MARSS record.

Step Three: Enter or edit enrollment record information in the corresponding drop-down lists and fields to change the status for the selected student.

Step Four: Click the “Update” button to update this student's MARSS record or click the “Cancel” button to discard your edits.

Helpful Tip: Need to remove a MARSS Status Line? Click the "Delete" button next to the MARSS status line you would like to remove.

Did this answer your question?