See the article large view here: http://help.pulpowms.com/en/articles/4294829-standard-and-split-picking-tasks-using-the-pulpo-wms-mobile-app
In the picking processes with the PULPO WMS Mobile App, the picker is directed to positions inside the warehouse in a route-optimized manner calculated by the App. The picker then picks certain products related to a pre-created sales order and moves them to a packing position by using different carry vehicles. This article will explain how to perform standard and split picking tasks with the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
Standard (Single Order) picking task:
In a standard picking task, all products of an order are picked in one consecutive task by one picker.
Click on the
Pickingoption of the PULPO WMS Mobile App.
2. The picker can visualize here all open tasks that can be taken under its profile restrictions. If specific tasks were assigned to the picker, he can only see and complete those tasks. Picking tasks will be displayed and numbered in their creation order, showing the type of picking task (Standard, Split, Batch and Cart) and the products and quantities to be picked according to the sales order.
3. A picking task can be accepted by swiping it to the right side of the screen. Once accepted, the employee must finish the task. This ensures that products are not forgotten along the way inside the warehouse and that the picker cannot perform multiple tasks at the same time.
Now, the picker can visualize a product list with all the products that will be picked together with the storage position, requested and missing quantity. The product list is displayed and organized in a route-optimized manner to ensure that the picker picks the products that are listed and furthest away from the packing zone first and executes the task walking the shortest possible route.
❗️ NOTE: From this screen, the picking task can also be deleted by clicking on the
DELETE PICKING button of the upper right side of the screen. This will immediately affect all other pickings related to that task.
Also from this screen you can choose another position, which contains the same product. In order to choose another position you must slide to the left of the screen, where you will see the list of all the positions that contain this product.
The new position is chosen and the normal picking process takes place.
4. Once the position of the listed product is reached, the picker must scan the position code to ensure that he is in the right position.
❗️ NOTE: In case the employee scans the wrong position, the display will quickly flash a red screen indicating that e employee is scanning the wrong position.
5. After scanning the correct position, the picker has to scan the appropriate product's barcode. PULPO WMS allows image attributes of products to be visualized in this stage of the task to help the picker recognize the product (see example).
6. Then, depending on the type of product to be picked, the picker must:
For none type products: Type the quantity of products to pick according to the sales order.
For serial type products: The picker has the option to either scan the serial code for each product available at the given position or simply click and "check" each product serial code from the listed displayed by the Mobile App for that given position. This must be done according to the number of products requested in the sales order, which is displayed at the upper part of the screen.
For lot type products: The picker can select the number of available lot type products at the given position to fulfill the sales order. By default, the picker will be directed to the storage positions containing the product with lots that have the shortest expiration date. Lot numbers can also be scanned to make the picking easier. Sales orders can also demand specific lots or even have "minimum required expiration date", in which case PULPO WMS automatically adopts the storage position to which it sends the picker.
❗️ NOTE: In case there is less quantity of products than required in the given position (e.g., products have been manually misplaced), PULPO WMS will suggest additional storage positions from which the picker could pick the product to complete the task. Otherwise, he can also delete the picking task, in which case, the picking of other products from the same picking task could be affected.
If the picker chooses to pick products from other locations, he must then select them from one of the listed positions that also contain this product to complete the picking task.
In case some products of the picking task have already been picked but there are missing products inside the warehouse or, the picker decides (for any reason) to finish the task without picking all products from the order, then he can choose the
FINISH EARLY option that will be enabled on the screen mentioned in 3 (upper right side). This will allow the picker to finish the picking task before all products of an order have been picked and he can direct the picked products to a packing position. Once in the packing position, the packers can process the order with a
PRODUCTS MISSING option that will automatically create another picking task for the missing products. See the packing process article for more information related to this option.
7. A checkmark will indicate when a product from the task has been successfully picked.
8. When completing the picking of all products from a task, the picker now selects an available packing position listed by the PULPO WMS Mobile App. Scanning the packing position confirms that the picked products are now stored there and ready to be packed.
The picking task is now finished and will disappear from the list of pending picking tasks mentioned in 2.
Split picking task:
For the picker, the process for performing a Standard and Split picking in the PULPO WMS Mobile App is almost the same. The only two differences are the following:
When creating a split picking task, the products of a sales order are divided and assigned to different users (pickers) of PULPO WMS as explained in the create a split picking task from the Web App article and the type of task will appear as
Also, as mentioned in the create a split picking task from the Web App article, the packing position for the split order will be defined by the first picker who completes the task (same process as in the standard picking using the Mobile App). PULPO WMS will automatically direct all other pickers to the same packing position defined by the fastest picker. As a result, all products of the order are now gathered in one single packing position and can be prepared for shipment.
After successfully completing a picking task, PULPO WMS will automatically create a packing task. If there happens to be an out-of-stock scenario, the packing task will appear locked and must be processed by the Administrator from the Web App.
Keep exploring the different tasks that can be done with PULPO WMS. See what is next for executing picking and packing tasks, as well as managing the inventory of your warehouse: