- What happens if I choose Facebook/Instagram as a store?
We will make your music available on Facebook and Instagram's different music products and features:
- Music stickers for Facebook and Instagram Stories
- Music in Facebook profiles
- Lip Sync Live (within Facebook)
- Lasso (US only)
In addition to that, we will also monetize Facebook/Instagram videos (uploaded by any user) that contain your tracks.
- I want my music to be available on Facebook/Instagram, what do I have to do?
For new releases, just make sure to choose a store package that includes Facebook/Instagram.
If you choose not to opt-out, all releases published before January 23rd 2020 will automatically be delivered to Facebook/Instagram during February (at no extra cost).
- Will I earn any royalties?
Yes, we will report back the usage on these services just like with any other store or music service.
- How do I add lyrics to my music on Instagram Stories?
This is done via Musixmatch, and not via Record Union.
- When will I be able to add my track on Instagram Stories?
All releases published before January 23rd 2020 are now available on Facebook and Instagram Stories (Music stickers).
New releases will be available on the chosen release date, just like any other music service.
New releases with no lead time (to be released 'As soon as possible') will also work just like any other music service. It will take around 5-8 working days for us to process the release, and then a few days for Instagram to process it.
Please note that some content is not approved for Facebook/Instagram - such as meditation, yoga and sleep music, comedy recordings, classical music recordings of compositions in the public domain, audiobooks, podcasts, nature and wildlife recordings.
Here's some troubleshooting if you need!
- When I click on the artist on the track, it says "No profile has been linked to this artist"
Facebook/Instagram have an algorithm that is working hard all the time to match tracks to their artists pages. In your case, it hasn't quite managed to link your Instagram account with your tracks yet. But don't worry, all the tracks will eventually link up to the correct page - thanks for your patience!