Any time you need to skip a session or leave a game permanently, please make sure that you reach out to your GM and explain the situation.
Having players randomly drop out of a game can be very confusing and frustrating when you don't know what happened. A short message to tell them why you had to leave can be very helpful.
If the below options don't work for any reason, please reach out to the StartPlaying Support Goblins at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you 👍
How long do I have to skip a session or leave a campaign?
StartPlaying will let you skip a session or leave a campaign up to 24 hours before the next session's start time.
If it less than 24 hours to the session's start time, the option to skip a session or leave a campaign is not available. You will need to talk with your Game Master to have them set your price to zero for that session, or remove you from the game.
However, choosing not to charge you is at the GM's discretion as our Refund Policy says you have to give your GM 24 hours notice.
Where do I go to skip a session or leave a game?
1. Click your Profile Picture in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click on My Games
3. Click the title or picture of the Adventure you want to skip/leave
Make sure you're in the "Upcoming" sessions tab: it will show you any campaign with future sessions scheduled.
How to Skip a Single Session
1. Click the session you want to skip in the Schedule section on the right.
You will know a session is selected when it turns blue with white lettering.
2. In the Actions section in the center, click Skip Session.
If you skip a session by mistake, you can easily rejoin by hitting the same button, which will now read "Rejoin Session"
If it is less than 24 hours to a session's start time, the Skip Session button will not appear. You will need to talk with your Game Master to have them set your price to zero for that session to "skip" it, but this is at your Game Master's discretion.
How to Leave a Campaign
1. In the Actions section in the middle, click the red Leave Campaign button.
2. Fill out the information in the We're sorry to see you go! pop-up
3. Click Confirm at the bottom of the pop-up, and you are officially removed from that campaign ✅
How do I leave a campaign that doesn't have any scheduled sessions?
1. Click on Past
2. Follow the steps from the "How to Leave a Campaign" section of this FAQ
How to Leave a One-Shot
To cancel your signup for a one-shot session, follow the same steps for "Skipping a Single Session." Since a one-shot is a single-session game, skipping the session is the same as leaving the one-shot 👍