Replace the rubric in an assignment using the Rubric Explorer. You can use saved rubrics, district rubrics, or curated rubrics from Writable. Remember! All rubric items and details can also be customized to suit your assignment needs.
❗ Note: Most rubric changes can only be made before the assignment is assigned!
1. Click 'My Assignments' and find the assignment you’d like to edit. You can use the drop-down to filter by which classes it has been assigned to, or search by the assignment title.
Tip! It's best to edit assignments before assigning them to your classes. If you edit an assignment that students have already started, please keep in mind how your changes may impact existing work.
2. Click the assignment tile.
3. Then click the 'Edit' button.
4. Scroll down to find the rubric section of the assignment.
Note: Assignments may have multiple tabbed sections. You can adjust the rubric in each of the sections. If the section is a short response, such as a graphic organizer, click here for more information on editing the rubric item.
5. To replace the rubric, click 'Explore Rubrics'.
6. Use the drop-down menus to choose your grade level and narrow down rubrics based on genre. You can also select a specific grading scale.
Tip! Your saved rubrics will be listed under 'My Rubrics' and any district-shared rubrics will be listed under 'District Rubrics'
7. Click the rubric title to expand and view each rubric item and other details.
❗ Note: Individual rubric items can be edited once you’ve copied the rubric using these steps.
8. Copy the rubric by clicking the 'Copy' icon in the bottom right corner.
9. To use the rubric as-is click 'Done.' If you'd like to customize the individual rubric items, click here for more information.