ClassCover works on an invitation system which gives schools control over who they have on their relief teacher booking list.
To be added to a school's list, you need to apply to the school to be considered. This can be done in two ways
- Apply to join a school's list outside of ClassCover by reaching out via phone, email, or in person. Let the school know you are on ClassCover so they can find you and invite you to their list. See which schools are using ClassCover.
It's important to make sure the email or mobile number they use to add you matches the one that is in your profile. Otherwise, you will get a request to create a new profile.
- Check out ClassCover Jobs to see if any schools in your local area have posted a call out for casual relief teachers to add to their list. Here you can apply with your profile and cover letter and a school can click to add you.
Make sure your profile is up to date and availability correct (don't leave blank). It is recommended you include a cover letter.
You can access ClassCover Jobs via the web and mobile app version of ClassCover.
Pro tip: Turn on alerts for ClassCover Jobs so you are always in the know when new opportunities pop up! Learn more here.
You will be notified of this via email when a school successfully adds you to their list. Example of email invite below 👇
How to see which schools you've been added to
You can see the schools you have been added to under 'My Schools' on both the
You can view all the schools that use ClassCover by clicking here
Top 3 tips on getting added to more school lists
- How you approach a school matters
ClassCover recommends that the best way to be added to a school list is by approaching the school face to face or at least over the phone. Not via a blanket email.
- Is your ClassCover profile up to scratch?
Your ClassCover profile is your online CV and it's important that it is treated as such. Maintaining and updating your profile will help you put your best foot forward. Teachers with fully filled out profiles will have an increased chance of being added to new schools via our Find New Teachers feature.
Take the quick test to see how your profile stands up
- Keep your availability updated
Getting added to more school lists will increase your booking requests, however, staying on a school list is also just as important. Teachers with their availability up to date on a regular basis are 7 x more likely to be booked by schools over those who haven't made the time. Some who never updates has been known to be completely removed.
Make a habit out of it! Take 2 minutes every Sunday and update on the go via the ClassCover app