We keep our pricing simple. One hourly, all-inclusive rate, no upfront fees.
Our nannies cost between £13-16 per hour (per family not per child) depending on their experience. If you share your nanny with another family, this will cost £9 per hour (per family).
Choose a nanny to meet your needs
Families need different things from their nanny. Maybe you want someone fun and active, or a super smart student, or someone with years of professional experience. Our pricing reflects this. Most of our nannies cost £13 per hour and they all have great childcare experience, but the higher rates allow us to attract even more experienced nannies and pay them more.
We’re more than just a nanny agency
We've built our service so that even if you've never hired a nanny before we guide you through it and take the hassle away.
Vetting & Selecting
You can browse our nannies for free on our custom built matching platform. With no upfront fees, you only pay when they start work.
We have a team of nanny assessors who vet all the nannies before you see them. They check ID, right to work, validate their childcare experience with references and provide top-up training.
We do things properly and will set you up as your nanny’s employer - which is legally required for regular nanny work. We draw up your contract and, if required, set you up with HMRC and administer tax deductions, National Insurance contributions, maternity pay, sick pay and a pension scheme. We also pay any NI or pension contributions on your behalf - all included in your hourly rate.
Setting you up for success
Our service doesn’t end when you’ve chosen your nanny. We run an enhanced DBS check and offer paediatric First Aid training once you’ve selected your nanny. Our customer support and nanny support teams will always be on hand when you need to talk to a real person and get advice. Plus our app will help you onboard your nanny, provide regular feedback and manage their monthly pay.
Your nanny will get a whole package of support.
- Access to the best activity bank we think you’ll have seen
- Recipe ideas for cooking with kids
- A private Koru Kids nanny community group for support and mentoring
- 1:1 coaching sessions with our nanny support team if needed
Pay progression for your nanny
After 6 months of working with Koru Kids, your nanny gets a 50p pay rise. They'll get another 50p per hour after 12 months of nannying. We do this by reducing our cut of the service fee - so there’s no extra cost for you. It recognises your nanny’s development and experience.
What if I only need a few hours each week?
We know families need different amounts of childcare and we try to support this as much as possible. We balance this with making sure our nannies can rely on their income in the following ways.
- Most of our nannies want to work a minimum of 9 hours a week although some are happy to work less. This can be term-time only. We don’t allow our nannies to have zero hour contracts so when you hire your nanny you’ll need to commit to a number of regular hours.
- If you hire your nanny for less than 9 hours a week during term-time, you’ll pay an additional £1 an hour and you’ll still need to offer at least 3 hours per week. The hourly increment allows us to offer you the same level of service and support despite only needing a few hours.
- If you don’t work with your nanny for the hours you’ve agreed in your contract, you’ll still be billed for them, up to a maximum of 9 hours per week during term-time. If your circumstances change you can agree with your nanny to reduce their hours.
Details on how this works can be found here
Can I hire a nanny for just a few weeks?
If you want to hire a nanny for under 50 hours in total, we can still help. You’ll need to offer at least 30 hours in total and an enhanced DBS check is optional for an extra £50.