Administrators can publish assignments in the Explore section for all other teachers in the school or district to find. 'My District' makes it easy to keep teachers organized around the same set of assignments or assessments. The 'My District' section appears in Explore when assignments or assessments have been shared by an administrator.
Note: Current Administrators can give school and district leaders Admin rights to publish to 'My District' using these directions.
On this page
Please note that while this video does show the correct steps, it uses the term "Collections" in place of "Journeys". The Writable team is working to update our resources to reflect our most recent changes. We appreciate your understanding and patience!
'My District' Overview
We recommend sharing to 'My District' if your school or district is:
Managing shared curriculum and resources during times of virtual learning.
Creating a more uniform, aligned writing program, where teachers are moving together through a shared set of assignments and assessments.
Investing in OER curriculum development, where a customized set of assignments and assessments need to be shared across a school or district.
Having a shared set of assignments or assessments vastly improves vertical alignment, teacher confidence, and student growth. Writable customer success can help you prepare and publish assignments to 'My District'. Click here to set up a planning meeting.
Using My District as an Administrator
❗ Note: Administrators can also add Shared Assessments to 'My District'. Shared Assessments differ from assignments as they cannot be edited by the teacher. We recommend using Shared Assessments to ensure all teachers are using the district-approved content/rubrics. Learn more about creating a Shared Assessment here.
Publishing to 'My District'
As soon as you are ready to publish an assignment to 'My District', you will add it to a 'Journey' folder using these directions.
1. From the 'My Assignments' page, click 'My Journeys'.
2. To create a new Journey, click '+ Journey' in the top right corner.
❗ Note: You can also add assignments to an existing Journey by clicking the pencil icon and following the steps below.
3. Enter a name if you are creating a new Journey. Then, check the boxes next to the assignment(s) or shared assessments you would like to add. Then click 'Create.'
4. Click the arrow icon for the Journey to share with the district.
5. Select the grade level(s) and genre for this collection. You can also write a description. Click 'Publish' when you are ready.
Tip! Journeys published to 'My District' will be accessible by all teachers on the license. Use grade levels and genres in the title of the Journey to help teachers navigate which assignments they should be using.
Unpublishing a Journey from 'My District'
1. Starting in 'My Assignments', click on 'My Journey' and find the Journey with the assignment(s) or shared assessment(s) that you want to remove from the list in 'My District'.
2. Click on the arrow icon for the Journey you'd like to unpublish.
Note: If you only want to remove a single assignment from a Journey, click the pencil icon to edit the Journey and uncheck the box for the assignment.
3. Click 'Unpublish'. Your Journey will no longer be shared to 'My District', but will remain in 'My Journeys'.
Guiding Teachers to use 'My District'
Once a Journey is published by a license administrator, teachers on the license will then see the 'My District' page in Explore.
Teachers can copy Journeys, copy and preview assignments, and join shared assessments. For more step-by-step guidance for teachers, we recommend sharing this article.