It all starts with the + button.
- Click + then choose Text.
- A text box will appear that you can type into.
- Click Done when finished.
Drag the text to position it. Use the blue handles to change the size of the text box, and the green handle to rotate the text.
- Double-click on the text box to edit the text.
- In the text box, you can also style individual words by highlighting them and clicking B (Bold), I (Italic) or U (Underline).
On the iPad, just long tap on the word to bring up the menu and then select the BIU option.
Change the size of the text in the text editor
If you find the text in the text edit box too small, use the magnifying glass in the bottom left to make the text bigger. This will make it easier to see the text you are editing (but does not affect how the text is displayed when you close the text editor).
Adding hyperlinks to text
With hyperlinks, you can link to external websites, documents or even to pages within your book - great for making a table of contents!
- When you have a text box open, highlight a word and click the link icon.
- Type the URL (or copy and paste it in).
- You can also link to a page - just type the page number.
- Note: Links only become active in Read mode, or when the book is published (not when editing the book).
Formatting the text
- When a text box is selected, you can either right-click and choose Format, or click on the Inspector in the toolbar.
- There are many ways to format the text: size, font, alignment, colour - have a play!
Choose the Columns option to change the layout of the text from 1 - 4 columns. Use the slider to adjust the spacing.
Comic text styles
If you choose a comic book template, you'll see a set of pre-styled comic writing - for captions and impact text. You can even add speech and thought bubbles - double-click on them to add text inside.