Writable is a tool that helps students become better writers. Students can work on multiple assignments at a time.
CLICK THE LINK FOR A PRINTABLE VERSION: Getting Started for Students
STEP ONE: ACCESS ASSIGNMENTS
To access assignments, create or log into your account at app.writable.com. Alternatively, if you are using Google Classroom or an LMS like Schoology or Canvas, you will enter Writable assignments from those sites. Select the method listed below that was provided by your classroom teacher:
STEP TWO: BEGIN WRITING
Once you enter Writable through app.writable.com, your Google Classroom stream, or your LMS assignment list, you simply need to find the correct assignment and click on the title to begin writing. Click HERE for more student writing directions.
STEP THREE: REVIEW WRITING
Reviewing one’s own writing or providing anonymous feedback to your peers is an important part of becoming a better writer. When your teacher assigns peer review, you will see the number of peer reviews you must complete on your dashboard under "Reviewer Stats". Click HERE for more student reviewing directions.
When you receive peer or teacher reviews, you will also receive comments alongside those reviews to help you improve your writing. You can pick and choose which feedback to use when revising your writing. Click HERE for student revision directions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do students access Text to Speech?
- How do students access embedded Google Docs?
- How do students save their writing as they work?
- How do students annotate reading?
- How do I use “My Notes” and annotate in Writable?
- How do the reviewer and editor points work in Writable?
- How do students print their writing?
- How do students export their writing to Google Docs?
- How do students use RevisionAid?